Head of Operational risk Risk management department
Head of Operational Risk
- Establishes and oversees the application of operational risk policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks
- Independently assesses risks and drives actions to address the root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by challenging both historical and proposed practices
- Governance and oversight may include (not limited to) technology operational risk, cyber risk for example.
- Serves as an oversight function working with the Business Teams
- Drives – Operation Risk Anticipation, Mitigation and Loss Recovery (and respective Recovery Plans)
- Ensures Operation Risk Policy implementation and exception approvals
- Liaises with Business on breaches and action steps to correct those breaches
- Communicates and Escalates breaches in operational risk
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding TBC Bank, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred in finance
- At least 1 year experience in risk management
- Uzbek, Russian and English languages;
- Significant experience in Operational Risk is a must. Other risk and control disciplines would be a plus – credit and market.
- Experience in Internal Audit or Financial Control would be desirable.
- Expertise in the following would be beneficial: Fraud Awareness and Risk Management Operations and Systems (Information Security Standards, Vendor/Outsourcing Management).
- Excellent communication skills – verbal & written
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication, exceptional interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Ability to streamline complex processes
- Ability to meet strict deadlines with excellent follow-up skills
- Comfortable with a “hands-on” approach and balancing multiple, competing priorities and changes in scope/direction, all with a high sense of urgency and positive “can-do” attitude
- Ability to identify opportunities to improve or automate processes
- Comfortable collaborating with business stakeholders, identifying and addressing business needs through building solid relationships
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change very quickly with minimal supervision
- Project management experience, a plus
Please, send your CV via email: