Chief Risk Officer
Chief Risk Officer
- Ensure that the Bank has an approved written risk management policy, which is consistent with the Institution’s business strategies, capital strength, management expertise, and which falls within the overall parameters determined by Opportunity International Network.
- Ensure that the Bank has an approved risk appetite statement and that this appetite is communicated through the Institution and included within the risk reporting templates
- Establish a culture within the Institution that emphasizes their commitment to internal controls, risk management and high ethical standards.
- Work with internal audit to ensure that the risk based audit approach taken is not susceptible to gaps in the risk management process. As part of the continuous improvement loop, participate in internal audit finding reviews to help identify areas of exiting or potential risk to be addressed.
- Help build best practice to enforce a pro-active approach towards credit approval, monitoring, reporting and control in order to maintain the loan portfolio within acceptable quality parameters.
- Advise on the establishment and approval limits for branch and regional credit committees and be a member of the Head Office Credit Committee
- Working with the Regional Head of Risk, recommend on acceptable risk levels in the Bank – by customer segment, product, industrial classification, etc in line with the framework developed by the Risk Management team (RMT).
- Monitoring key risk indicators against prescribed limits
- Approving counter-parties and vendors
- Validating models used by risk owners
- Preparing risk reports for regulators
- Localizing group risk policies and advising the Board on the Bank’s risk profile and the suitability of the risk management framework
- Broad experience in managing risk and compliance issues in a regulated environment
- Knowledge of legislation and regulation relating to banking activities in Uzbekistan
- Technical background with a strong, independent mind-set ability to create and implement simple, elegant solutions within a short period of time
- Proven expertise in the retail credit risk domain, experience with setting up and managing respective first or second line of defense function
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related subject, preferably in accountancy.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in a risk management role, preferably from a microfinance, banking or financial institution.
- Experience in risk management and evaluating business operations including sustainability, efficiency, budget and overhead control, profitability and default management.
- Knowledge of banking, company, employment and tax laws and regulations, banking compliance regulations and accounting principles.
- Ability to monitor and assess achievements against performance targets, quality standards and service agreements that aligns with OBM business plan.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with advanced skills related to the preparation and submission of regulatory, statutory and risk/compliance reports.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and work under demanding conditions with many interruptions.
- Intermediate skills in personal computer operation, word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Strategic and visionary thinking
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Analytical skills
- Teamwork skills
- Organizing and planning skills
- Quality orientation
- Sense of responsibility
- Stress coping skills
- Multitasking skills
- Russian - fluent
- English - good
Please, send your CV via email: